This online Hybrid EMT course emphasizes the development of student skills in a patient assessment-based program. By the end of the course, each student will be proficient in recognition of signs and symptoms regarding illness or injury and the proper procedures when rendering emergency care to the sick or injured. Students will be required to complete 32 hours of internships.
Upon successful completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate and understand the overall roles and responsibilities of the EMT in performing both emergency medical care and operational aspect of the profession.
- Demonstrate skill in the usage of all equipment required to deliver emergency care to the sick and injured.
- Demonstrate a proper and thorough patient assessment.
- Demonstrate critical decision making.
- Display techniques of maintaining personal, crew, and patient safety.
- Demonstrate elements of an appropriate patient transfer.
- Teacher: Michell Bose